Just the Facts
October 7, 2023
Saturday, 8:00am Half Marathon, 8:05am 50K
Jake and Bull Mountain Trail Systems (Start/Finish at main Bull Mountain Parking Lot, GPS Coordinates 34.580762, -84.144864)
Saturday, October 7 from 6:30am – 7:45am at Start/Finish.
Three different 10-13 mile loops all originating from the Bull Mountain parking lot. Trails consist of some technical, but mostly runnable single track, making this a tough and challenging North Georgia trail race. Waterfalls, multiple stream crossings, rocky climbs and blazing fast descents are just a few of the trail amenities. After each 10 mile loop, you will pass through the main aid station/Start/Finish. We will have 3 aid stations stocked with veggie friendly everything: soups, fruits, some hot foods cooking in the night, normal aid station fare, and of course volunteer specialties being served until the last finisher comes through.
The course is well marked with ample signage at turns and reflective everything for those racing into the night. This is going to be an awesome event for veterans as well as those wanting run their first trail 1/2 marathon or 50K.
Awards will be given to top 3 Female and Male Finishers in each event.
- Half Marathon – All participants must start on time, however, there is no cut-off time for this event.
- 50K – All participants must start on time. There is an overall 12 hour cut-off time for this event. Loop 3 must be started no later than 4pm.
Aid Station Locations
- Half Marathon – Aid stations at mile 9, 13.1
- 50K – Aid Stations at (approximately) Miles: 7, 10, 19, 21, 24, 31
- 50K completes all Loops once (5000′ of elevation gain)
- ALL loops are run in a clockwise direction
Any runner that violates any of the below listed regulations is subject to disqualification. Any crew that violates any of the below listed rules is subject to the disqualification of their runner.
- No Littering!!
- Runners must stay on marked course at all times
- No cutting of switchbacks
- Runners must check in at each aid station
- Runners may only receive aid at designated aid stations
- Pacers are not permitted
- Trekking poles are allowed
- Runners may only be scored for awards under gender designated on government issued ID. Participants that elect to not disclose their gender or choose “Other” as their gender will not be included in scoring for awards.
Volunteering and Sweeping
Please contact us for additional information on volunteering and sweeping using the form options at the top of the page.
Volunteers often help with the setup and breakdown of equipment as well as helping runners during the beginning and end of the event.
Sweepers will assist with trail marking, placing flags, and trail cleanup at the end of the event.
The closest town to the event site is Dahlonega, GA. Dahlonega has a few chain hotels (Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn and Quality Inn). There are a number of local boutique hotels, bed and breakfast inns and homes on VRBO & AirBnB. Forest Hills Resort and Amicalola Falls State Park are also quite close and offer lodging.
If dry camping is all you need, check out the free sites at the Jake Mountain Trailhead just next door to the race start/finish.
Directions to Jake Mountain Trailhead: https://goo.gl/maps/SRiRnDAuNpNWD7fWA
Weather in this region can range greatly in October. Runners should prepare for the possibility of rain and temperatures typically ranging between 50°F to 75°F.